Tilley bids Triple J hosting goodbyeBy Jonas Lopez in Media News on Monday, 18th November 2019 at 4:42pm
Tom Tilley has tendered his notice from Triple J.
The host of youth issues and current affairs show Hack said he will finish up in mid-December to pursue new interests, including his writing contract with ABC Books and Channel 10’s The Project.
He has been with Triple J for 12 years, eight of which involved him hosting Hack.
“Hack has taken me further than my wildest dreams, from a naive triple j listener in the paddocks of Mudgee to interviewing the country’s most powerful people. While grilling ministers live on radio was a lot of fun and often necessary, my proudest moments are our conversations about mental health. Allowing young people around Australia to open up, realise they’re not alone in their struggle and then push our politicians to do more, is something that brings me to tears when I think about it,” said Tilley.
Keep in touch with Tilley on Twitter @TomTilley.
Comment and get full access to Influencing by registering for FREE
- Read and comment an all stories
- Weekly digest of media and PR news (optional)
- Post media releases to PRWire newswire
- Advertise job vacancies
- List your business in our PR directory
Please note that Influencing is used EXCLUSIVELY by media and influencers, as well as professionals who manage marketing and communications within their organisations, so we need a work email address.
More Media News
Stephen Brook joins The AgeBy Jonas Lopez in Media News on Friday, 03rd July 2020 at 4:13pm
Stephen Brook kicks off July as The Age’s new CBD columnist.
He tweeted that the time had come to move to Melbourne for a new opportunity. Current CBD columnist Samantha Hutchinson is relocating to Sydney and will work alongside him.
Brook had contributed articles to The Age for the past two years. Prior to that, he spent seven years with The Australian, as editor at the media desk and covering the weekend A Plus magazine.
Follow Brook on Twitter @ViscountBrook.
How many buckets do you use?By Seamus Byrne in Media News on Friday, 03rd July 2020 at 9:48am
Domain marked for returnBy Jonas Lopez in Media News on Thursday, 02nd July 2020 at 4:03pm
Leading property title Domain is set to return to print.
The Nine Network confirmed that the Australian Financial Review will carry Domain once more, starting with the 31 July 2020 edition. The Age and the Sydney Morning Herald will follow suit on 1 August.
Melbourne’s Domain Review will start republishing on 5 August, but Domain Prestige insert will be brought back into The Australian Financial Review’s Wednesday editions sometime in the spring.
Nine withdrew Domain from circulation in March this year because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Our magazines have always been an important way that we communicate with our audience on their property journey, and are integral to our multi-platform publishing. As we start to see encouraging signs in the property market, it’s a great time to bring back these much loved publications,” explained Domain CEO Jason Pellegrino.
Cenatiempo set for 2CC brekky showBy Jonas Lopez in Media News on Thursday, 02nd July 2020 at 1:14pm
Stephen Cenatiempo is coming to Talking Canberra 2CC as its new breakfast show host, starting 13 July 2020.
He said in an Instagram message that he had been itching to get back in the booth after so many months, and sees his new show as a vehicle for ACT residents to have their voices heard. He was made redundant as Australia by Night host late last year.
“I’m looking forward to moving to Canberra and really shaking things up, especially with the ACT election just around the corner. My local breakfast show will put the listeners first,” said Cenatiempo.
News Corp Australia QLD print centers closedBy Jonas Lopez in Media News on Thursday, 02nd July 2020 at 1:10pm
News Corp Australia is preparing to reorganize its printing operations in Queensland.
EGM for production, logistics and property Marcus Hooke said the plan calls for merging the staff and machinery at Yandina and Murarrie into a single site over the next few weeks. Both sites’ personnel are being consulted on the matter.
The move is part of consolidation after much of News Corp Australia’s regional and community papers were either closed down or transitioned to digital.
“Since the transition to digital-only mastheads we simply don’t have the same demand and are now facing excess production capacity,” Hooke explained.
Careful with the email window dressingBy Seamus Byrne in Media News on Thursday, 02nd July 2020 at 11:26am
Nine to publish new Good Food guideBy Jonas Lopez in Media News on Wednesday, 01st July 2020 at 12:55pm
Nine’s publishing division is tweaking the Good Food brand with a new restaurant guide, called The Good Food Guide 200, reported Mediaweek.
Slated for release in November 2020, the new guide will temporarily replace the Good Food annual guide by highlighting 200 specific dining places in regional NSW and Victoria, and all state/territory capitals. Nine is considering bringing back the Good Food Guide annual in 2021.
The entries were tagged as among those that have weathered the pandemic and are ready to be back in action after implementing all safety precautions.
Good Food Guide editor Myffy Rigby led the evaluation for the guide.
“In recognition of the challenges the industry has faced, and continues to face, with enforced shutdowns and social distancing measures, we will not be publishing our traditional guide book with scores and hats in 2020,” said Nine travel and food publishing director Trudi Jenkins.
“Instead we are focusing on supporting